The Midwest Energy Rating and Auditing team has earned their HERS rater status by completing rigorous training and agreeing to follow the RESNET Code of Conduct. RESNET HERS raters are highly skilled professionals focused on your pursuit of optimum energy efficiency.
Like all HERS raters, Midwest is dedicated to standards outlined in the RESNET Code of Conduct:
- Technical Proficiency
- Ethical Standards
- RESNET’s Complaint Resolution Process
How Does a HERS Rater Help?
By finding your HERS Index, we can show you exactly how well your home is performing as an efficiency system. Knowledge is power, so identifying your energy loss areas puts you in control of your home energy situation. Your HERS rater will help explain how to:
- Get started adjusting your home energy picture
- Prioritize your improvement areas
- Determine your best investment opportunities
- Decrease overall utility usage
- Market your efficiency upgrades if selling your home
Being BPI-certified entails passing a demanding series of written and in-field exams over everything from efficiency to safety issues. Such a high level of accreditation means the Midwest Energy Rating and Auditing team is experienced in:
- Your house as a system
- Building science solutions
- All-season energy efficiency
- Moisture control and mold prevention
- Carbon monoxide testing
- Combustion appliance safety checks
- Cutting-edge energy upgrade options
PHIUS+ Verifiers perform third-party quality assurance and onsite verification for multifamily and commercial passive building projects pursuing PHIUS+ Certification. Verifiers are well versed in the specific requirements of the PHIUS+ Multifamily Certification Standard v2.0 for performance and on-site verification of multifamily buildings pursuing certification under the PHIUS+ program.
PHIUS+ Verifiers are equipped with the skills necessary to achieve:
- Large building enclosure integrity design strategies.
- Passive building mechanical/ventilation systems.
- On-site verification of passive building construction features.
- Large building/multi-fan blower door testing protocols.